Mom's special - the gift of love!



A few years ago, before I had tied the knot, I heard someone saying, "I like eating out as food is tasteless at home". 

I still remember, it had struck me and made me wonder if I ever had tasteless food at home. And I realized – never. We as a family used to go out to try something new, “not tasty”. My mom weaves out all recipes with such taste; the food at home has always been yummy and delicious, that you would be licking your fingers, and always wanting some more – that’s the magic of “meri ma ke haath ka khana”! She also keeps improvising on her old recipes...and it tastes even better with each new ingredient :)

Mood, no mood – taste always :)

Marriage and children make one appreciate your mom more, her sacrifices, her care and her love. This happened to me too…I have found myself emulating her more and more, she’s become my ideal, whether it’s how to keep my home or to care for my family, or groom myself! Love you ma, you are the best!

Happy Mother’s day (a lil in advance)

And it will not be wrong to say that sometimes I just want to go n stay with mom n dad to relive the taste and love that my mom adds to the food she prepares for us. I yearn for it living in a different city.

On one such visit, mom gave me lunch for my office. It was bhindi masala, it was a new recipe that I had never tasted before, anywhere. 

I had friends having lunch with me and one bite in their mouth and they seconded that they had not had this flavor ever before! It was just delicious, and everyone wanted the recipeee and I had promised them that I will soon share the recipe here... 

So here’s the recipe for you - Malika and Kalpana


Bhindi masala:
Ingredients
250 g bhindi (lady finger/ okra)
1 onion - chopped
1 tomato
1/2 tea spoon garlic and ginger paste
½ tea spoon coriander powder
Salt and chili powder to taste
2 tea spoon oil
1/3 tsp Whole jeera
Method
Chop bhindi into 1 inch size pieces. Heat 2 tsp oil in the pan, add jeera and let it splutter. Add bhindi and let it cook well, ensuring that the sliminess has disappeared. Add onions, saute well.

Add garlic and ginger paste, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and chilli powder, mix well.
Grind the tomato and add to bhindi, simmer and let it cook for some more time so that the bhindi is done.
Your bhindi masala is ready, garnish it with shredded cottage cheese/ coriander and serve hot with chapattis. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts